New Internship Open at ELI!October 3, 2012 by Angela Vincent
We are currently looking for an intern to help create and manage our Pen-Pal Program!
The Pen-Pal Program is designed to provide an opportunity for caring individuals to write and get to know a child in the ELI children’s home in Kenya, beginning what could potentially be a life-long relationship! To get started, we need an intern willing to help us create the infrastructure for this program, and then run and implement the program accordingly.
Intern duties and qualifications below:
• Develop and improve the system of keeping track of Pen-Pal correspondence
• Fulfilling new requests by matching a Pen-Pal with a child
• Be comfortable corresponding with Pen-Pals via email/mail/phone
• Reply to requests in a timely manner
• Creating profiles of the children; ability to work in Word
• Ability to navigate an online database to store and gather information
• Handle confidential information while working in our database
• Work in Excel to keep track of correspondence between Pen-Pal and children
• Collecting letters from Pen-Pals and children, reading through them to look for inappropriate content
• Detail oriented
• Spend a minimum of 4 hours a week devoted to the Pen-Pal Program
• Be flexible in helping the office with any other duties
We are flexible and would be willing to accommodate schedules within reason.
To inquire about an application, please email Katie Cook at email@example.com.