CHANCE FOR A NEW START
Kenya, one of the most developed and economically robust nations in Africa, descended into ethnic violence after a disputed presidential election in 2007. In the summer of 2009, a severe drought brought conditions more usually associated with its poorer neighbors, like Ethiopia or Chad. In late 2007, Kenya was in a position most of Africa would envy. Its economy had been humming along, with a growth rate around 7 percent and a billion-dollar-a-year tourism industry.
The country was at peace — nothing to sneeze at in a neighborhood that includes war-racked Somalia, Sudan and Congo. Despite the recent national struggles, ELI operations in Kenya have continued to thrive since 1995.
Since then a team of Kenyan nationals, USA staff and volunteers have worked together to help thousands of suffering people find the pathway to empowerment and spiritual transformation.
ELI has established and maintains:
- 2 Training centers near Eldoret, Kenya.
- 2 Children’s Homes that provide care for orphans.
- The Brook of Faith Christian Academy, a school for orphans and vulnerable children.
Current Ministries, Programs, & Projects
- Kenya Anti-Alcohol Program – an on-site rehabilitation program and 12 step recovery groups.
- Extension Training – dynamic training strategy that moves into the communities and villages
- “Kuwezesha Kulima” (empowered farmer) program is expanding exponentially and changing the lives of suffering farmers
- Business Development Intiatives – is achieving great results among hundreds growing entrepreneurs.
- ELITE – An innovative business venture involving new technologies and best practices.
- Woodworking Studio