Write to Your Child Month!February 19, 2013 by Diana Coombs
What is your favorite greeting? Here’s a chance to say hello to your sponsored child! We invite you to participate in our annual Write to Your Child Month, where we hope to send all 200+ children a message from their sponsors. Be sure to send in your letter by March 18th!
To make it easy, we have included a template for you to download, print and mail to our office. CLICK HERE to download the template.
As a refresher, here are some simple guidelines to follow:
- Be creative
- Focus on things in common
- Be encouraging!
- Avoid asking what the child may want
- Do not include your personal contact information
Want to send a gift?
- Everything must fit inside a FLAT 8 ½ “x 11” envelope
- Examples: stickers, bookmarks, photos of your family, a thin paperback children’s book
- Do not exceed 2 pounds
- All persons must be dressed modestly to honor cultural differences
- Please, no bathing suits or short shorts/skirts; in Kenyan culture, this kind of dress is inappropriate
Mail letters to:
Child Sponsorship Program
PO Box 67
Upland, CA 91785
Prefer email? Send your email to email@example.com and write your child’s name and ID# in the subject heading.
We reserve the right to review each letter and any enclosed materials for compliance with our guidelines and decline any inappropriate communications.